Kielbasa Rotini Supper is one of those family recipes that is not only a go-to for my family now, but it was a go-to for my mom when my brother and I were growing up as well. I can remember being picked up after swim practice and asking what was for dinner…this is one I always had my fingers crossed for! Now my kids love kielbasa too and this is one of those super simple pasta meals that comes together quickly and is always satisfying. Only a few ingredients, easily adaptable to your family’s tastes, and delicious? Kielbasa Rotini Supper will be on your dinner list soon too!
Originally, my mom got the recipe off of the Hillshire Farm kielbasa packaging, and though I don’t see our recipe on the Hillshire website now, there are some good ones I’ll have to try soon! So I use the regular polska kielbasa, whole wheat rotini pasta, frozen broccoli florets, sliced baby carrots and parmesan cheese for this dish because that is how I can guarantee no complaints and finished plates! But please, make this your own…my mom always starts by sauteeing chopped onions and green peppers, then adds the carrots and broccoli. Throw in mushrooms or cauliflower if that’s your jam! And if you don’t have rotini on hand, I know first hand that penne or ziti are just as yummy, lol.
Change up the type of pasta, add in your favorite veggies or try the lighter turkey kielbasa.
I’d love to know if anyone else grew up eating this meal? And also when I hear the name Kielbasa Rotini Supper I feel like it’s kind of dated? Or maybe it’s a regional thing? Tell me, does your family say supper or dinner?
And don’t forget, snap a pic and share your version on Instagram using #ourdinnerlist – I’d love to see!
- 1 package (14 oz.) kielbasa
- 1 box (16 oz.) rotini pasta, cooked & drained according to package directions
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Slice kielbasa into bite sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, sautee the kielbasa until browned. Remove from pan with slotted spoon.
- Add carrots and broccoli to pan and sautee in pan drippings until heated through.
- Return kielbasa to skillet and stir to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and toss.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese before serving.