Today I am sharing a quick, easy and delicious appetizer – Simple Salsa Dip. This is a recipe people ask me to make over and over again, and I don’t mind because there is nothing to it! Sometimes I just go ahead and make two, because it always goes so fast! I got the recipe from my aunt, who got it from a friend years ago at a party – aren’t those kinds of recipes always the best?
We celebrated my husband’s birthday this past week, and when I asked what kind of appetizer he wanted? He didn’t hesitate to say “that taco dip!” This Simple Salsa Dip takes all the best flavors of a taco – the toppings! – and combines them to make the perfect dip for tortilla chips.
This is going to be a quick post because this recipe is that simple! Keep these ingredeints on hand, and you’ll be ready if friends stop by or if you need something to bring to a party last minute.
Making Simple Salsa Dip
All you need is four ingredients: cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and shredded cheese cheddar or jack cheese. And the tortilla chips for dipping!
First, combine 1 block of cream cheese with 1 16 oz. container of sour cream. If the cream cheese is softened, you can mix by hand. Or if you want to speed it up, use an electric mixer to combine! Spread this mixture evenly in the bottom of a pie plate, or other low dish or bowl.
Next, pour a 16 oz. jar of salsa over the cream cheese/sour cream mixture. Use the back of the spoon to spread it out over the top evenly.
Finally, sprinkle on the shredded cheese. I like to shred my own and use about 2 cups. Cheddar and Monteray Jack both are delicious. Or use a combination of the two! I’ve definitely made this and served it right away, but if you can make it ahead of time and chill for a few hours, it gets even better!
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 16 oz. salsa
- 2 c. shredded cheddar or Monteray Jack cheese
- tortilla chips, to dip
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream. If the cream cheese is softened, you can mix by hand. Or if you want to speed it up, use an electric mixer to combine.
- Spread this mixture evenly in the bottom of a pie plate, or other low dish or bowl.
- Pour salsa over the cream cheese/sour cream mixture. Use the back of the spoon to spread it out over the top evenly.
- Finally, sprinkle on the shredded cheese to cover evenly.