Get ready to add a new meal to your family’s dinner list: Spaghetti Pizza. This is one of those recipes that were in my mom’s dinner rotation because it’s quick, easy and my brother and I loved it. Acutally we still love it and now my kids do too!
Spaghetti Pizza is just what it sounds likes…the noodles serve as the “crust” and then sauce, meat and mozzarella layer on top. That’s a combination that can’t help but be delicious. With only 15 minutes prep time and about 20 minutes to bake, this dish is perfect for a weeknight when getting dinner on the table quickly is a must. Plus it makes fantastic leftovers…my brother and I used to fight over the extras the next day!
Use regular or whole wheat spaghetti, add some peppers and onions when browning the meat or try adding veggies or pepperoni as toppings.
There are just a few quick steps to get this assembled and in the oven. First, get the spaghetti cooking in a large pot. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef and drain. Add spaghetti sauce to the meat and stir to combine…those are the hardest steps in the whole recipe!
Next place the spaghetti in a large bowl, and add the milk and a beaten egg and stir it all up. Dump the whole mixture in a sprayed pan…either a 9 x 13 casserole dish or a jellyroll pan will work…and spread evenly. Then you just layer on the meat sauce and top with the cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes or until its heated through and the cheese is melted…yum!
It’s that easy. And your kids will love it, I hope! Mine can be picky, but they eat this right up. I hope you try it soon, and when you do, snap a pic and share with #ourdinnerlist.
- 1 box spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- ½ c milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ c parmesan cheese
- 2 c shredded mozzerella
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef and drain.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the meat and stir to combine.
- Place the spaghetti in a large bowl; add the milk and a beaten egg stir to combine.
- Pour the spaghetti mixture into a sprayed pan, either a 9 x 13 casserole dish or a jellyroll pan. Spread evenly.
- Next layer on the meat sauce and sprinkle the parmesan cheese. Top with mozzerella.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until its heated throught and the cheese is melted