So here’s a recipe you’re going to love…Zucchini Sticks. These things are awesome…tender zucchini covered in spices and Parmesan cheese…yum! When I’m looking for a healthy side dish, I reach for zucchini often and this is one of my favorite ways to prepare it.
These Zucchini Sticks are simple to make and only require a few ingredients: Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper, and olive oil. In just a few minutes you can have this ready for the oven, and then baked and on your plate in just 15 minutes. First mix up the Parmesan and spices. Next, cut the zucchini…quarter it lengthwise and then slice each piece in half crosswise so that you have 8 spears.
To allow the zucchini to cook evenly, place a cooling rack on your baking sheet and then lie each spear along the grooves of the rack. Spray the rack with cooking spray first to prevent sticking!
Now just drizzle or mist (do you have an oil mister? I love it!) the zucchini with the olive oil, sprinkle on the cheese and spice mixture and pop them in the oven. That’s all there is to it. They only take about 15 minutes, though you can leave them in a few extra minutes or broil them at the end if you want them to get a little more browned.
Zucchini Sticks are a side dish even the kids enjoy. I’m warning you now…you’ll make this one over and over!
- 4 zucchini
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a cooling rack with cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Slice zucchini into quarters, lengthwise and then cut each spear in half crosswise to give you 8 pieces. Place onto the cooling rack.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil and then sprinkle with cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until browns and tender.
This recipe was inspired by and adapted from Damn Delicious.